April 28, 2007

Purple People Eaters

Now I'm showing my age. Adrian Peterson, from The University of Oklahoma, was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings on Saturday. Hunter and I were talking about Peterson going to the Vikings and we both came to the same conclusion.... "I guess we're now Minnesota Viking fans". Next time I have a Minneapolis layover, I'm sure I'll be looking for Viking gear for Hunter, Haley and I to wear. Sad isn't it. Oh, "Purple People Eaters" was the nickname of the Vikings defensive line in the late 1960's and 70's when the Vikings played in 4 Super Bowls. I guess it's appropriate that I'm kinda returning to my purple roots. I graduated from Bethany High School. Our school colors were Purple and White. Go Vikings? Gonna take some getting used to.

EDIT: The Vikings also selected another University of Oklahoma player, Rufus Alexander!

No comments: