April 05, 2007

Fantasy Baseball League

Hunter, Haley and I decided to try our hand in Fantasy Baseball. I've heard from several friends about how much they enjoy watching and participating in all the league action over 160+ games season. So.... Hunter recruited some of his friends and we started our own league. The name of the league is "Deo Gratias". I named my team the "Blackshields". I've been reading about King Arthur and the Blackshield Irish. With that fresh on my mind, I couldn't come up with a better name on short notice so, since I liked the story, "Blackshields" became the name of my team. Hunter named his the "OKC Airborne Eagles" and Haley named hers the "OKC Stallions". I know it's early, only the first week, however, I'm sitting pretty solidly in last place. Hunter and all his friends are glued to the computer watching their team stats and hoping to improve their overall standings. So far it's been a lot of fun, even though I really don't know what I'm doing yet (I may never know). I have to say that on draft afternoon, when we were all sitting in front of our own computers waiting for the official start of our league draft, I was actually nervous. My hands were cold and clamy. After the draft we all boasted of our successes and wished best of luck to all. We'll see who's the better team manager come October! Some how I feel I'll keep last place locked up. :-)

No comments: