August 16, 2007

I'm 47 now


I recently flew a trip that happened to be on my birthday. It's hard to keep your birthday a secret with other crew members because your date of birth is plastered right there on your employee ID (your ID expires on your birthday). So, no matter how much you try and keep it a secret, you can always count on someone noticing your birthday and next thing you know, people are planning a quick notice dinner/party (something), even if it is on a layover. For my 47th birthday, I was fortunate enough to celebrate my birthday while I was on a layover in Providence, Rhode Island. Even more of a coincidence, a few of my friends from Southwest Airlines were also laying over in Providence; Rhonda and Sharis, just to name a few. Thanks Rhonda for organizing the celebration and for the gift. It was nice to have friends remember.

No comments: