January 18, 2007

If Only...

I've always admired and been somewhat envious (I know I shouldn't be) of those with the gift of music. Especially those who can sing. Sometimes I come across a song that moves me for whatever reason. I can't explain it. For someone else the song might do nothing, however, for me, I'm moved. God gives each of us a gift; I wasn't blessed with the gift of music. However, my children were. What a blessing it is to hear them play.... and sing.

I love musicals. Haley loves them more than Hunter. She takes after me in many ways... food cravings, electronic gadgets, working on and fixing things. However, it's the physicalness where Hunter looks like me... in fact he's pretty much an exact copy of me. Thank the Lord he's much more talented and smarter than me. Like Haley, I loved "Fiddler on the Roof", Sound of Music", "Nutcracker", even corny musicals like, "White Christmas"... I haven't seen the musical or movie, "Rent", however, I've heard this song..... It's called "Seasons of Love". It's one of those songs that I like.